Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh America


"Ain't this America?"

My Brother Don ask,
*I laugh*
yeah, it's sad to say
but from Kentucky
America
does look that way

Ain't this the place of Opportunity?

Yeah, that's what they say
but if you go to the projects
it don't seem that way

Ain't this the land of the free?

That's the question
for all my brothers
locked up in penitentiary

Ain't this the land of the brave?

If you can call
bullying brave
then i guess you can
look at it that way

Ain't America the spot
where all people melt
into one big pot?

Too many Americans
think not

Ain't America the land
with an election,
any citizen can be
president
I thought so,
until Bush became president
once
then again

Does Obama stand a chance?
Well, this Is America
Ain't it?



6 comments:

Don said...

ha @ this post. I enjoyed the proise and it does appear as if America stands by its word (The Constitution), especially since it was written during a time when we weren't even considered Americans.

Hopefully we can all change and make the world a better place to live. I'm hopeful that one day we can.

Bizzie Brain said...

Who ever said that you can show a horse to water but can't make them drink must have been drunk.

Love what your doing girl!

Keep it coming

shine said...

I love this poem/commentary on American life. It would be a great piece to hear u read aloud--i can hear it now :-)

Obama Mama said...

@don, thanx for the support. I look forward to your comments

@bizziebrain you know you my boy fa'real. Thanx for stoppin' by my page

@Shine, Thanx for the love, but I'm scared to death to talk in front of people.

kit von b. said...

im so sick of this bitch and her 13 kids!

-KB

Obama Mama said...

@Karrieb. Right! This suppose to be about the issues and she got her Rosanne Bar ass all up the mix, confusing folks.