Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Check yourself

The other day
My husband came home on some other crap
A bad day at work or something like that

He walked through the front door
he didn't even say "hi"
he just started going off
talkin' 'bout,
"I can't even get by
without stepping on toys
and why these boys
sitting in the house
not making no noise (anybody with a black mom knows why)
just sitting here all quiet and sh!t
boys need to be outside
playing with rocks and sticks
go on, get out of here
get outta my face
do something,
or clean up this place"

'bout time he got done with his rampage

somebody got whooped
big girl hollered
and I just looked,

"Oh hell naw,
you got you me bent
after all the time I spent
cleaning and scrubbing
and washing yo funky clothes
cooking, tending
and wiping yo kids nose

I'm gon' tell you what you need to do

Take yo black @ss back out that front door
come back later and we can try this once more"

One of the boys stopped crying from being whooped
Big girl hollered
and he just looked,

"Big Girl go on in your room with all that noise"
He bellowed as he walked across the floor
and out the front door.

The boys came from their room and just looked
Big Girl didn't holler
and I continued to cook

About an hour later he returned
picked up Big Girl
and kissed her on the cheek
play wrestled with the boys,
then came to the kitchen
where I was finishing the chicken

He walked to me and turned me around
put his hands on my nice round
butt; and kissed me on the lips
"That's why I love you"

"I already know,
you ain't gotta tell me this"

2 comments:

kit von b. said...

nice way to check him. i love to read about marriages that have probs but work themselves out.

-KB

Don said...

I see that you bring a certain flavor to blogging that I haven't seen in awhile. I enjoyed the read. It speaks of love. LOL.