Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Never too tired

Went to work and slaved all day
Man I can't wait to get home
plop on the couch
and just lay

Traffic was horrible on my way
late picking up the kids
they added another fee
for the delay

Man, I can afford to pay

Husband working late again
so my rest time can't begin
until I get finished
cooking din

"Mom, I don't like that
Mom, I don't like this"
dinner is not gonna be
as easy as I wished

9:00 daddy still not home,
so bath time is on me
and bath time is not easy
when its one to three

I have to fuss at the big one
help the middle one
then chase after the little one

Man, I just want this day to be done.

10:00 husband finally gets home
with weariness in his eyes,
but happiness in his voice
pats me on the butt
and tells me I'll always be
his number one choice

Because of the way I hold things down
Because of the way I seem to never frown
Because of the way I step up when he can't
Because of the way I think

I couldn't respond
I was too tired and blank

11:00 I finally plopped in the bed
with thoughts of a good nights rest
in my head
But my husband wanted something else
instead

I looked in his sexy brown eyes,
then said,
" I only have an ounce of energy
but you best believe you can have all that's
left in me."

I'M NEVER TOO TIRED TO GIVE MY HUSBAND THAT!

2 comments:

Don said...

Too funny. I didn't know that you wrote prose. You're pretty good, I envisioned every word. Your husband falls asleep with a smile on his face every night I bet.

Obama Mama said...

yeah, if he ain't too tired. LOL