Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gold digger

Is it just me or is talented or Semi-talented writers, rappers or whoever is making these songs, spending way too much time giving gold diggers, hoes and freaks too much airplay? They don't know any nice women to talk about? At least Tupac made a song about his moms. Do they even like nice woman? Or do they wanna end up like Easy-E? The song I had in mind when I wrote this was T-paynes "i'm in love with a stripper" I like the beat and everything, I even stripped for my husband to the song, but I wish they (writers, rappers, whoever) would stop following his example. Good girls need love too.

Gold digger quit digging for gold
'cause what cha gonna find
is a big chunk of coal

Don't you know
That just cause it glitters
don't mean its gold

You gonna mess around
and find yourself old
with no one to hold

gold digger
I ain't trying to tell you how to live your life
but everything that looks nice
ain't nice

Don't you want somebody
that with a look
send shivers down your spine
all the time?
'Cause he could loose that money anytime
And you ain't always gonna be a dime

Gold digger,
I'm tired of you giving us a bad name
Nah, stop. You ain't gotta explain
I know what its like
to be broke
have a mother that's broke
and a daddy that's a joke

But I don't know what its like
not to love or be loved
I couldn't imagine living my life
only searching for dubs

So Gold digger
stop searching for Cap'n Save-a-hoe
and go to college
get some knowledge
and make your own bank roll

Quit digging for gold
before you end up with
a big lump of coal
I like to call an @sshole
His attitude stanks
but he ain't sh!t
Yeah he got bank
But everybody know
you ain't his only b!tch

Whats the matter with a man willing to work?
Gold digger,
does hard work sound that berserk?
Nah, he ain't making six figures
but if he treats you better than them hood n!ggas
What's to figure?

Gold digger
look beyond the price tags
and the coach bags
and look at the bigger picture
love and happiness don't come with a dollar figure

Gold digger
I ain't trying to tell you how to live your life
But come on
do what's right

LOVE A PERSON FOR WHO THEY ARE AND NOT FOR WHAT THEY HAVE.

2 comments:

Don said...

Good advice, and now that you mention it...I agree there are many NY rappers who write about gold diggers, entirely too much.

Good poem, I agree it's BETTER to love a person for why they are, opposed to what they have.

kit von b. said...

wow...ur a really dope poet.

-KB